Thursday, May 14, 2009

Travel journey starts tomorrow

I was reading through old journal entries this morning and noticed that so many of the wishes for my life have transpired, or are about to.  What an amazing feeling!  From Nov 11, 2008..."I've always dreamed of going abroad to Southeast Asia, Africa, disadvantaged countries, etc to really gain a sense of depth through travel, to gain perspective and not take for granted ALL we have here in the West, and most of all to help, to find out how I can be of service to this world.  The private sector is not enough for me...making money for shareholders is not enough for me." 

On January 28 of this year, I was laid off from my corporate sector job and with grace I knew this was a blessing.  It was His answer to my prayers.  I spent the month of March at a yoga ashram practicing yoga and deepening my spirituality and faith in a higher force at work in my life.  Today I find myself packing for a 5 month journey through Southeast Asia and India to volunteer, study more yoga, bodywork, and health and wellness, and Australia and New Zealand to visit family and friends.  Boy, do I feel blessed!

Although to be completely honest, the last few mornings I've woken up with a sinking, nagging feeling of nerves and anxiety....I'm giving up the luxuries that we are all so accustomed to here to live out of a bag, one bag!, for 5 months!  But then, I know, there is no reward without risk, and a little fear.  So here I am, about to embark on the longest flight of my life so far, a 24 hour journey in all, to get started in Chiang Mai, Thailand.  Here's to being open for whatever may be placed on my path and to fully embrace the universal current of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment