Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The true meaning

Its week 3 of the Thai massage course in Chiang Mai -- I hadn't planned on staying for level 3 but after meeting friends and enjoying the course so far I decided to extend my time here....let's face it, I don't have anywhere to be at any particular time!  

My biggest dilemma as of late is if I have time to get to Vietnam and Cambodia at this point, or do I skip them to have more time down at the beautiful beaches of Koh Phangan, Thailand and Bali, Indonesia before heading to Sydney.  Although I really want to see more of SE Asia, spending time sightseeing is not exactly on the top of my list.  I'd rather spend time where I can do more yoga and take more bodywork and energy related courses, all of which are very accessible down south on the sand.  We'll see what happens.

I can't say enough about the Thai people.  I think what I love most is that when you smile at a strange Thai person on the street, they actually smile back and don't look at you like you're some weirdo.  I like that a lot.  Spreading love all around...you feel it here.

"We are visitors on this planet, We are here for ninety or one hundred years at the very most.  During that period, we must try to do something good, something useful with our lives.  If you contribute to other people's happiness, you will find the true goal....the true meaning of life."  ~ His Holiness, the Dalai Lama




No comments:

Post a Comment