Monday, June 15, 2009

Unconditional love

I just arrived back in Chiang Mai after a week excursion to Pai, a great little hippie town 3 hours north of here.  There are 767 curves on the road to Pai so needless to say arriving there in good form is half the battle.  The town is in the middle of a valley surrounded by beautiful mountains.  We chose a guesthouse just on the outskirts of town mainly to submerse ourselves in nature as a relief from the noise of the city.  My bungalow overlooked a running stream which served as great background music for yoga and meditation.  We rented a motorbike on day 2, which everyone does in Pai since its a small town and not so intimidating to drive on the roads, and I couldn't get enough of the wind on my face!  I want a motorbike!!

Katy, my lovely new friend from Germany, introduced Sakit and I to Judith who teaches a Reiki Shamballa course in Pai.  Judith is the kind of lady you meet and instantly feel comfortable and connected so I knew she'd be a great person to teach me the healing energy of Reiki.  We spent 3 days doing guided meditations, attunements, learning healing symbols, and finally sharing Reiki with eachother.  What an amazing experience.  I'm now a certified Reiki Shamballa practitioner and happy to send energy healing and love to each and every one of you.

Unfortunately my Thai visa expires today so I needed to catch the minivan back down the 767 curves to CM yesterday.  I spent the week contemplating my next move and while I'm still not sure, I just booked my flight to Hanoi, Vietnam for tomorrow.  While I've heard mixed reviews of this hustling bustling city, I figure at least its a stop on my way to Hoi An, a shoppers paradise!  

Besides the tangible certificates I've received from Thai massage and Reiki, I've learned far more about myself on these travels and I want to especially thank those I've met along this journey so far who have helped me reach a deeper understanding of unconditional love for myself and others.  

Love is all there is.

No comments:

Post a Comment